Sunday, May 29, 2011

Series Book

Ivy + Bean-Book 1 by Annie Barrows and Sophie Blackall
2006

Reader: This was a very cute book that displayed a lot of emotion and drama. I enjoyed reading this book but it wasn't an amazing read. The relationship between Ivy and Bean was what really kept me reading. The author created their relationship very cleverly. It seemed a bit generic to me. Don't get me wrong, it was cute but just not the best.
Teacher: As a teacher I don't think I would use this book as part of my curriculum. Again, it seemed a bit generic and I can't imagine students taken anything significant away from the book. I want to teach books that have a definite purpose. I think this book, along with the series, would be great options for free read books for students. I would even recommend students to check out this series. It is best suited for second to third graders. I feel at this age it is important for them to just READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment