Thursday, May 19, 2011

Intend to Read

An Ocean World by Peter Sis

A group presented this book and it was amazing to me that it had no words but somehow told a story. I am interested to read this type of book.

Madlenka's Dog by Peter Sis

A group also presented this book and it seemed like a noteworthy book that I would enjoy reading in the future. The words seemed to create interesting boundaries and shapes throughout the book.


Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg

I saw this movie as a child and would be interested in reading this book as an adult. I researched Chris Van Allsburg and found his books fascinating.
 

A Friend for Einstein, the Smallest Stallion by Charlie Cantrell and Rachel Wagner
I have recently seen and heard a lot about this book lately. It seems like a new hit and I would love to check it out.

The Boy in the Oak by Jessica Albarn
This book had really unique graphics and seemed somewhat mysterious and sci-fi. It sounds very intriguing.

The Princess and the Pizza by Mark Jane and Herm Auch
This book is a spin off of princess and the pea. It is also known to be a fractured fairytale.


Oops by Arthur Geisert
This is a wordless book that students could possbily create an alternative ending to.

The Snowman by Raymond Briggs
This also wordless book that students could create text to the provided pictures.

Caroline by  Neil Gaiman
This graphic novel shows a girl with a love for exploration.

The Little Prince by Joann Sfar
This is a playful graphic novel that deals with a prince and his relation to other planets.

The Boxcar Children by Shannon Eric
This series is based of the original written series but adapted to graphic novels.

Johnny Boo: Twinkle Power by James Kochalka
This is a fun book with a ghost displayed throughout a graphic novel.

I'll Be There by Ann Stott
This book deals with the question is the boys mother will be there for him when he gets older. This is in the realistic fiction genre.


Big Sister, Little Sister by LeUyen Pham
This book discusses the typical controversy between the big and little sister.


Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
Father and son share same experience with an owl.

Stargirls by Jerry Spinelli
I glanced at this book during out read around and I thought it would be a great read.

Among the Hidden by Margearet Peterson Haddix
I remember reading an loving this book as a child. However, I can't exactly remember the storyline so I would love to reread it.

Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
This book was also in our read around and the drama conveyed in this story really intrigued me.

Rules By Cynthia Lord
This book came highly recommended to me by a fellow teacher friend and I promised her I would read it soon. This book was also in our read around

A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein
I love her work but haven't read this book. This is a must do.


Haiku Picturebook for Children by Keisuke Nishimoto
I love poetry and this book is highly recommended.

Science Verse by Jon Scieszka
This book plays around with nursery rhyme tunes while implementing poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment